
I finally got my Janome sewing machine on Friday, as promised from Overstock.com! When I get excited about receiving things in the mail I like to track it almost daily. When I got it I already had the fabric cut out and pinned together for this top! Yeah, it looks like a dress but it is supposed to be a top. I finished this top for Nana in two days! She wore it to church this morning for the Easter service at CEFC. She's not a very good model so, I had to take lots of picture before I got any decent pictures of her this morning. When I took out the camera she made a bee line for me. She wanted to hold the camera!
The delivery of my sewing machine couldn't have come at a better time. Ever since I can remember my mom would make dresses for my sister and me each Easter. Some years she would be up late the night before Easter working to finish the dresses. Now that I've done it for my own daughter, I can fully appreciate the work that went into those dresses. I kind of wish we had held on to those dresses. It was a lot of work but fun none the less.
My vent has been deleted... in the interest of not offending anyone. :D Sometimes I write things late at night that should not be published...hoo, hee, hoo, hee.


2 comments:
Hey Sis,
I love the top you made! You definitely taking after Mom! Nana looks super cute in it! (PS: I know what you mean about the Easter thing! You know I said it tongue in cheek right? You know Mom and Dad...) Oh, K loves the top too! He says "cuteness factor off the charts!"
i love the top... well-made and very cute! you're so crafty... muhahaha... =)
as for the "happy easter" and "happy resurrection sunday" greetings, i totally agree with you. i have another thing to vent about that sort of has to do with what you're saying, but i better not write it here. we'll talk later.
Post a Comment