Today's weather in Southern California was not what you'd call typical. The whole way to work this morning I kept thinking... "do I need my sunglasses or not!" It was all overcast but still kinda bright in places. Around 1pm this afternoon it started to rain, then hail and then rain really , really hard! A couple of times there was even some thunder! The lights flickered a couple of times and my co-workers and I stood by this floor length window marveling at the crazy weather like little kids on a snow day. I turned to Natalie, my co-worker and said,"If the power goes out, I'm outta here!" :) Of course the power never did go out and I got to finish up my work before leaving the office for vacation. :( Then one of my other co-workers said," This is definitely earthquake weather." (Didn't think there was such a thing) And I said," Ah, I was thinking more like tornado weather." So... sure enough on the news tonight I heard that there was a tornado that touched down in a county bordering LA county!
The drive home was not much better. A major freeway that I take home was blocked because of an accident. So, I thought I'd take surface streets. Well, I called Jesse and he guided me to take an alternate route... not knowing that it was actually a flood basin he was leading me into. I was forced to drive through about a foot and a half of water because there were no side streets to turn down. I had to laugh when I saw a sign halfway submerged that said: "Flooded Area". Wish I had my camera with me! It took me twice as long as it should have to get to the restaurant where we were meeting Jesse's parents for dinner tonight! It was so stressful and tiring and I'm asking myself right now why I'm not in bed already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment