Sunday, June 1, 2008

Like Mother and Father, Like Daughter



For the past week I have had the pleasure of spending quality time with my parents. They drove the 17 hour drive from Colorado Springs last week Saturday. After spending so much time with them I realized how much I am like both of my parents. I get my crafty/ artistic side from my mom. She taught me how to crochet about 2 years ago. ( although I only just recently finished the scarf she taught me to crochet. ) My love of shopping and a good deal also came from her. We went outlet shopping two days in a row while they were visiting! She's also very into "coupon-ing". She helped me get laundry detergent for only $1.00 using a coupon! The key to that deal was that it was already on sale. :) See... not just Chinese people love a good deal!

Besides my nose, forehead and chin... I get my sweet tooth and fondness for talking about the past from my dad. I love hearing my dad's stories of our family in it's earlier years. Somehow, with time my dad seems to forget all the fighting my sibs and I used to do. :D Also, through his stories it's not hard to see how God has really provided for our family. I love my parents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I love them too! Good times had by all :P

Jessman

Firecracker's Mommy said...

Iii naa! But seriously,I'm so glad you guys had a good time together. Wish I could have been there. I'm sorry we won't be able to make Christmas. You know I think I got my nose from dad too, I wonder how he's done without it for all these years? I bet he's lookin for it but just like that babies at work, I think we all look for our noses every once in a while.