Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm a frog?




I had a nice talk with my sis on the phone today about our respective fairly new obsessions. She has become quite the knitter and I've taken up crocheting. She, being a former crocheter was able to give me some advice about my newest projects. :D Thanks sista! So, she told me that I'm a frog when it comes to the way I crochet because I "rippit, rippit, rippit" when I make a mistake. I can't remember what the other way was... (help me out sista...)

Here are some new pictures of my most recent crocheted plastic bag. I made this little coin purse for my friend's daughter. It took about 6 plastic bags and 2-3 hours to make. I made two but of course I forgot to take a picture of the first one.

3 comments:

Albert said...

Hey froggie. =D So is it easier to go from crocheter to knitter (or the reverse)? Nice coin purse, btw.

Firecracker's Mommy said...

I tend to be a frogger for about the first four inches or so of a project. I can see starting over then but after I put so much work into something I figure I can just fix whatever mistake there is or make it a design feature. I'm a Fudger. I think it is easier to go from crocheter to knitter and not the other way around. I have a hard time with the freedom that crochet gives you. You can literally make up something as you go along without much preparation. That's cool. No swatching.

Hannah said...

Tammy, you guys got a new couch! very nice. I should come over some time to check it out. :)