Last weekend at CEFC's Youth Camp I ran a workshop on becoming "Eco-friendly Christians". I taught the kids how to turn plastic bags into a fashion statement. So, the fact of the matter is that although it is ideal to use cloth re-useable bags for your purchases this leaves one with this question: What to do with all the plastic bags you have stored in your pantry. (Come on, I know you all bought those plastic bag holders at IKEA. ) So, I got a bunch of ideas from the internet on how to re-use these things. You need to first cut the handles and the bottom of the bag off... recycle these pieces. Then, you have a big tube. Fold that half and then in half again. Cut the bag into 1/2 inch strips. Take the long loops and connect them into one long string. Then when you finally have your ball of plarn you can begin crocheting it. Pretty much anything you can crochet can be made out of plastic bags. If that was too confusing you can go to
this website for pictures and more explicit directions.
Here's some pictures of the bag I worked long and hard to create.


I made 2 other bags but gave them away before I could take pictures of them... so, I"m posting this funny video of Alex (one of the CEFC college kids) with one of my bags on his head. OH, the things they do when they're bored! That's another college kid jumping over him in the beginning of the video.
2 comments:
I love it!!!! I will definitely have to try it. Send me the pattern if you have it. Love you
Wow...I can't say I'm not impressed, Tammy. =D Good workshop idea for YC! I just might need another bag soon..=P
Btw, can you please comment on my blog whenever you have time to visit it? Thanks so much! =)
Post a Comment