Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finally registered!

I have finally committed to running the Pasadena Half Marathon by registering. This morning I also ran for the first time in a month! Surprisingly enough I think I did pretty well considering my one month break. Well, I only really ran 2 miles; which is nothing compared to what Jesse and Wing did this morning. They ran 12 miles with the Pasadena Pacers. It really helps to have a training group to keep you motivated. Next week I plan to join the pacers for training. It's totally free and you get food and water at the end of each training run and water stations on the course. People take turns bringing those things. Free is always good... on the marathon site it costs $200 to join their training group! As of right now there are 112 days 7 hours and 52 minutes until the race! November 16, 2008 is the big day! If you're interested in joining me for the race here's a link to the Pasadena Marathon site.

2 comments:

Victor said...

The word "free" usually would be enough to bring me out. But if I have to run 12 miles to get some water, I say forget it.
I don't consider that "free."
=)

Albert said...

It's okay, Vic - you can run 11 miles if you like. =P


Okay, maybe a little lower...