Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Cravings
Never in my life have I ever felt so preoccupied with food cravings. I think that the only time I came close to this level of obsession was when I was on a diet. That didn't last too long. This morning I passed a co-worker eating a pastry at her desk. All it took for me to crave it was one whiff! I don't always give in to my cravings though... you know, I am a good soon- to- be mom. I just seem to crave the unhealthy. Haha, but I have to admit it sometimes does not even take a whiff to make me crave something. Yesterday, my sister mentioned that she makes our mom's sweet rolls (cinnamon rolls) every Thanksgiving and Christmas mornings. So, guess what I'm going to be making tomorrow! Sweet rolls! I remember as a child loving the times (which were sometimes few and far between) when she would make the sweet cinnamon-y goodness wrapped in a pretzel shape. I'll post pics so you can drool... THIS is one craving I'm going to give in to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
wow... tammy, you are quite disciplined when it comes to cravings (especially when pregnant!!). seriously, my take on this is give in to your cravings... you're allowed to gain weight when pregnant! =D you only live once and might as well milk it all cuz afterwards, you can be extra good! hehe... or not.
When I was pregnant I craved bean and cheese burritos!! HA no wonder Gabriel likes beans so much...
I'm so glad I was able to contribute to your cravings somehow. Sweet rolls will be good for the little wee one! A good dose of McGuigan heritage with all it's gooey goodness will be a great way to welcome them into the family! I just finished shaping my own sweet rolls and they are currently rising on the counter. Can't wait to eat 'em. Love you, Tam
I'm not even pregnant ('cause that would be CRAZY!), but now I'm craving those sweet rolls too! When can I come over to get some? =)
Post a Comment