Friday, March 27, 2009

Funny things kids say...

Most recently in my job, I've been given the opportunity to work with children again. This has opened the door to many questions about my expanding waist. It has also unexpectedly opened the door to talk to my teen clients about sex! Who would have thought that being pregnant could be turned into a clinical intervention! One teenage client of mine asked me, "So, how long have you been pregnant?" (that's a funny way to ask it!) We then had a long conversation about pre-marital sex and how many of the girls at his school have had or are having babies. A 6 year old client of mine asked me one day when I was going to "hatch" my baby... I knew she was trying to be funny because she was smiling when she asked so, I just played a long. I said, "Oh, so I'm just gonna hatch the baby like a chicken?" She responded,"Yes, and then you'll sit on it to keep it warm." She then proceeded to squat to show me the position I would be sitting in.

Well, I made it through another week of work. It's getting harder and harder to motivate myself to go these days. It also doesn't help that people keep asking me about when I'm going to take leave and when I'm due. It's almost like that's the only thing people have to talk to me about. I have been warned that this would happen and have been trying my best to not get testy when my co-workers have asked me for the 10th time that day when my due date is. I know they mean well though, but one gets a little ornery when one is growing a little person. I'm tempted to have a "Countdown to 'D' day (that's delivery day)" posted on my cubicle wall just to stop people from asking me!

1 comment:

EUNICE said...

Kids are cute. Adults are annoying. Haha. I love you, Tammy! I truly appreciate you.