Friday, April 3, 2009

God's love through my friends and family



Last weekend my friends threw me a baby shower... not a surprise one this time. It was elegant but casual and exactly what I wanted! (Thanks, ladies!) I felt so impressed by the detail and the effort they put into celebrating the coming of my little one. Some of my friends even contributed to the shower while being out of the country!
I want to dedicate this post to the 7 women that made the shower possible as well as all of the friends and family who have prayed and cried with us as we waited on God to give us this little miracle. So, I just wanted to post a copy of the thank you I gave at the shower...

" Things don’t always turn out the way you plan. At around 5am I woke up Wednesday thinking about what I would say to express my gratitude to all of you for your support and love over the past years. I thought of singing a song but this little one won’t let me catch my breath enough to do that (I’m not sure exactly what I’d sing) . Then I thought I’d write a poem. I think that I was not fully awake when I thought up that one… so, that obviously didn’t happen. So, 6 minutes before leaving the house I quickly typed this up. It’s kind of like this baby.
Things definitely have not turned out the way we planned. It was in 2001 that we started praying and trying for her. After many setbacks and 7 years later here we are and we’re still pinching ourselves. Jesse and I want to thank all of you for your support and prayers throughout our journey. It is definitely not over so, please don’t stop praying! If anything I think we’ll need them even more when the baby comes."

Something I wanted to add to that is that God has taught me so much in the 7 years about His timing, prayer and trusting that He has what's best for us in mind when he asks us to wait. I think that although it was very tough, my walk with God has been strengthened throughout this process. So, thank you to all of you who have allowed God to use you as vessels of love pouring out into our lives. Also, thanks for all of the beautiful and generous gifts! Honestly I don't know how we would be able to provide for this baby if it were not for for you all! I love you all!

2 comments:

eunice said...

Thanks for sharing, Tammy. I really wish I could have been at the shower. You and Jesse are very special to me, and I feel blessed to be able to be in your lives during this miracle. So, I guess God is not only blessing you. He is blessing your entire community.

Firecracker's Mommy said...

It looks like it was a beautiful shower! I wish I could have been there to share it with you. I'm sorry I moved so far away. I love you Tam. I am so excited about little Naomi that I can't see straight. It feels like God has vicariously given us a child too. If anything He has given us hope that maybe someday if we wait on Him like you and Jess have He will bless us too. We will be praying for you guys as you bring this little blessing into the world together. Love you