Monday, June 8, 2009

She's one month old!


Life with baby Naomi is very busy. Last week was my first week without any help. Jesse went back to work and my parents went home! Naomi does more than just eat, sleep and poop, though... contrary to what people usually say about babies. She has proven to be a very spirited child. She does not like much taking morning naps. Right now she's just hanging out in the wonderful bassinet my friend Sinath gave us. She has the hiccups...haha, just like in the womb! It's hard to put her to sleep when she has them! However, she is getting used to her routine and we are learning more and more about her every day. We are even beginning to figure out what her different cries and behaviors mean. I had previously thought that it could not be done but if you really observe her from day to day you begin to see a pattern. She makes a little clicking noise and opens her mouth when she's hungry. She also pumps her legs up and down when she has gas. We have even had the privilege of seeing the "I'm in pain" cry. Don't want to see that again... her face got all red and her body was rigid. I had strapped her into the car seat and it was too tight. :(

Here's a video I made to email to my sister but it was too big. Naomi is only 11 days old in this video. Melissa, we love the quilt, by the way!

3 comments:

Firecracker's Mommy said...

Oh, Tam! I love her already!!!! She's adorable! Thank you for the video! Keep em comin' I love to see her. I will probably watch the video over and over.
I'm so glad you like the quilt. It's simple but effective I think. I really just wanted to showcase the fabrics! I love them and couldn't imagine cutting them up in little pieces. Love you!
Give Nanachan a hug and a kiss for me!

Jules said...

She's beautiful Tam Tam :) So sweet.

Christine said...

Was looking for Naomi pix! Too cute! Looking forward to seeing her at Christmas. :)