
This Sunday after church we went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. We all pigged out on the Carol C. Special and then complained about feeling stuffed afterwards. :P The Carol C. Special includes one large fried chicken breast and a plate sized waffle. This was in honor of Hannah's b.f.'s visit from Arizona. The food was greasy, sweet and buttery... just like good southern cooking should be! Well, feeling a little guilty about my indulgence and needing to train for my next run, I ran 3 miles with Jesse the next day. THEN tonight we went to a showing of the documentary entitled: Sustainable Table- What's on your plate? It's about being mindful of where your food comes from, how it is raised and the impact it has on the environment. After watching I felt guilty once again for eating that chicken breast... which was probably not organically raised nor "free range" for that matter. Anyways I've come to the conclusion that I'm so glad that God is forgiving even when we mistreat our "temple" or even other parts of His creation. Watching the film also made me want to become Vegan... but change is hard. It's like after watching Super Size Me with Jesse. We stayed away from McDonald's for a WHOLE month. :D Yes, it takes real effort to change habits that have formed over life times. All we can do is our best. I do however, do want to buy more locally grown organic food after watching this film. Especially the stuff from Jesse's garden. :D


3 comments:
hey you're back! I've been trying lately to buy more locally grown stuff. We have a couple farmers' markets here. It's hard to get everything though. My friend from FA Ariana buys everything local (50 mi. radius I think) even milk. She lives up North. If I find her blog address again I will email it to you. Love ya
Melissa
I used to more organic things in California, but organic is crazy expensive in Vancouver! On a student's budget, I can't afford as much as I did before.
Hey does this mean we get to spend more money on the garden?!? :P
Love ya for coming out with me to watch this and spend a "late" night out.
--Jessman
Post a Comment