Friday, April 4, 2008

The Oldest operating McDonald's

On Monday Jesse shared his day off with me and we visited the oldest operating McDonald's Restaurant. Fortunately it is located in Downey and we were headed there anyways to drop off some flowers for a friend's wedding. :D (might I also add that Jesse is not only growing flowers for this wedding but also officiating and MC-ing the reception! )
As a child, McDonald's was always a special place for me to go. Whenever we would go on long trips to see Grandma, I remember hoping that we would stop at McDonald's. It was a special occasion because my parents weren't the eating out type. Another fond memory I had of the "Golden Arches" was when on every each family member got to go out to eat with dad at whatever restaurant they chose. (Hmmm, not sure why mom didn't get to come...)Up until middle school I remember always choosing McDonald's. I also remember the day I finally was able to order my very first Big Mac. I ate all but the last bite... dad, helped out with finishing it off. Here is a short video of Jesse and Kai (the friend whose wedding Jesse is officiating this weekend!) We went to McD's with Kai, Bekah and Bekah's parents.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There I've commented. The McDonald's was underwhelming, but the time together was...priceless :P

Jessman