Tuesday, August 12, 2008
A love affair... with peanut butter!
Ever since I was a child I had a "special relationship" with peanut butter. I liked it so much that I would just eat it straight out of the jar on a spoon. Man, I grew up eating PB&J and I turned out fine! (,Mom and Dad!) I think at one time my parents were worried about my pickiness and steady diet of PB&J sandwiches. But I guess one day they talked to the doctor about it and he said that I was growing fine and not to worry about my pickiness... which I later grew out of. Now, I just call it having discriminating tastes. :D When I went to boarding school I learned how to put peanut butter on pancakes and waffles. Now, as an adult i've learned to use it in even savory dishes like Thai Peanut Noodles. Last week I bought a book called: Peanut Butter & Co. Cookbook. They have some rather disgusting recipes like: Pregnant Lady- Peanut butter and pickles sandwich or The Elvis- Peanut butter, bacon, banana and honey sandwich! However, it does have some rather good sounding recipes like: Peanut butter and jelly french toast, Peanut butter-Banana pancakes or Peanut Butter Veggie Burgers. Can't wait to try some of these out! If you're interested in buying it you can get it here. But I bought mine for only $3 at Borders. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Haha, I love peanut butter! I especially have a weakness for PB and chocolate. What about PB and Chocolate chip pancakes? That's gotta be interesting, don't you think :)
Post a Comment