Sunday, August 17, 2008

Santa Barbara : Day 1

This morning Jesse and I drove to Santa Barbara to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. We'll be here for 3 nights... which is longer than we have ever stayed here. We have been here multiple times in the past and have developed a lot of favorite places to eat and go. We are staying at the Franciscan Inn, a small homey hotel within walking distance of the pier and the beach. I think that this trip our objectives are to relax, not have an agenda, try something new and have some scintillating conversation (per Jesse). I'll post some pics tomorrow. Today we just had lunch at Stearn's Wharf and then did a little shopping on State street. Dinner was low key at Rusty's Pizza... a really cool place across from the beach that looks like it has a lighthouse on top! Will post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: